Does Sun Exchange issue tax certificates?

This article will show you how to get the relevant info for your tax returns and to claim any associated tax benefits

This is probably the most common question that we get asked! Sun Exchange does not take responsibility for tax. Unfortunately, this means we do not offer tax certificates or the like. 

However, you can download your activity statement and, under Wallet Transactions, calculate all the "Rental Earned" line items. This should give you or your tax advisor enough information to complete the declaration of your solar cell income to your Receiver of Revenue.

We believe that the income you receive from your solar cells should be treated in the same way as income one might receive from renting out other property. You should confirm this with your tax or financial advisor.

If you need to prove ownership of your solar cells for claiming any associated tax benefits then the receipt issued to your email address upon completion of an order should be sufficient for this purpose. If it isn't please reach out to us and we'll do our best to provide the information you need.

In South Africa, it is possible to claim an accelerated depreciation allowance under section 12B of the income tax act. Please consult a local tax or financial advisor for more information.