This article will show you how to set up an account for a family member or a friend if you would like to gift them some cells
- First, you need to create a new account in your name using an email address you control. This must be a separate email address to the one you use for your Sun Exchange account. A handy tip to make this easy so that you don't need to create an entirely new email account is to add an alias to your existing email address. This can be done by simply adding a + and some other characters after the beginning part of your email address.
EG: If your regular email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then when you create the new Sun Exchange account enter your email address as email@example.com. You will still receive the activation email and other account related emails at your regular email address.
- Complete the basic KYC by clicking “Please Verify Identity”. This check only requires submission of name, address, and date of birth. No photo ID is required for this check. You should complete this in your own name.
- Add funds to the account and then purchase the number of cells you wish to give as a present. If you would prefer to let the gift recipient choose which project they want to buy cells in, then you can just add funds and move on to the next step.
- Change the email address on the account to one that they control by clicking the drop-down menu in the top right of the website, and selecting “Change Email Address”. See screenshot below.
- If you would like us to inform the recipient of the gift, please let us know once the email address has been changed (include the new email address in your email) and we’ll send a message to let them know.
- Once the gift recipient has taken control of the account they will need to update the profile details to their name, address and date of birth. This will reset their KYC status so that they can re-verify with their own details.
This is an interim process for gifting cells. The plan is to ultimately have some form of gifting option, be it in the form of gift vouchers or enabling you to gift cells directly from your own account. If you need any help with the current process please feel free to reach out to us!